Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Baby "E" has a name!

Before I started dating Aaron I was dating this awesome guy. He knows who he is, so I wont post it here (Besides rarely he reads this blog)! However he's a different nationality than I am, so while I was struggling when we had different faiths, I was praying about what to do. I had a dream that I had this little girl, blond hair and blue eyes... and her name was Emma. I took the dream pretty literally, and figured God couldnt send me this blond hair, blue eyed baby if I was with my current BF. So we broke up (only guy i've ever dated that we've remained good friends!). Fast forward a few months, and after a Car Accident and some other scary things happening (to Aaron, not to me), God led me to Aaron.

Fast forward over 5 years, and we are now married, and have 4 1/2 kids.... and surprisingly we decided to go with a theme for our names. A, B, C, D and now our baby E! So after much debating, praying, whining over names. And not figuring out why I couldnt be happy with a name, Aaron gently reminded me of this dream I had over 5, close to 6 or so years ago.... and said "but you have a name, maybe this is supposed to be our Emma".

So after alot of name searching and combining, I think we finally found a name that gave us the nickname "Emma" and allowed us to have a name that went with all the other criteria we had for a name.

I know you're probably just wanting to hear her name. So without further stalling. We've decided to name her

Emmalyse, combining Emma and Elyse and the meaning of Emmalyse is "peaceful home; rival; laborious; eager; entire, universal" I also found Origin: German Meaning: All-containing; universal Origin: English Meaning: All-containing; universal.
. I got the longer name I wanted, to flow with the other girls, we dont have to worry about the "anna" ending, and we got the "L" we needed! We're still going over middle names. But its a relief to know that we can start thinking of her as her name. We are, however going to keep it under our hats, or lock and key until closer to the baby's due date, if not afterwards!

Hope you like it!

Dawn

Mommy to: Ashley, Brielle, Cailynn, Delainey, & Emmalyse

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Love the name!

Unknown said...

I love it Dawn!! Its perfect!! I have a middle name for you....... Katherine :P hahahhaa I figured I would try :) sending lots of love!!!

Anonymous said...

It really is perfect! I have an Ella and we call her "e"!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful name!