
Where to start.... God, when you look over my broken roads, and every chance that I didn't take.... did you know my life was going to end up here? Married to an amazing Christian Man, with not ONE but FIVE precious girls? I mean you knew, but did you KNOW then what I only know now? See that's what amazes me with your awesomeness. That every stoplight I didn't make, lead me straight here, and here is a darn good place to be! This week, is the week we celebrate the awesomeness of the gift you sent, your SON to die for us..... so it's only fitting that this week, I take a few moments to celebrate the awesomeness of the little creatures you have sent to us to take care of for you.
Thank you for sending us Ashley, see, she's one of those broken roads. Her very existence is a reminder of times when I was making all the wrong decisions, but yet you sent me this little bundle of big brown eyes and beautiful red hair, as a promise to me, and a reminder that you not only weren't finished with me, but trusted me enough to send me her. The bond I have with this amazing person, my first born, can only be described as amazing. She's the very reason my life got flipped upside down and right side up all at the same time!
Thank you for sending us Brielle, this little beauty queen who is polite, adorable, headstrong, and so in love with Jesus that it makes my heart ache to think how she loves to worship you, and sings songs of your praise every chance she gets! She's the fulfillment of that promise you made so long ago, when I left the hospital without Ashley in my arms, that loving whisper that "Next time you will get to "do it right" and take her home with me, no NICU, no traumatic birth, just the awesomeness of a newborn baby and her big sister by her side. Little did I know that the pregnancy would be such a scary time, but it made her safe arrival that much sweeter!
Thank you for sending us Cailynn, our precious Caineybug.... our buganut! How in the world did you take someone so sweet and put so much sass in such a little being? How in the world did you give her wisdom beyond her little 4 years, and give her such a love for Jesus that when her time was right, she didn't need her daddy and me for confirmation, she just DID it, she just asked him into her heart like it was the most natural thing in the world for her! How did you give her such a reassurance that when I questioned her (bad mommy) she looked at me with such pity and sadness in her eyes because she felt bad that I was the one that didn't "get" it. May she never ever loose that childlike faith.
Thank you for sending us Delainey, my quiet, lovable monkey. Though our start was a rocky one, she's the child that makes me slow down and see life at her level, at her speed. Always a late developer, and so far still not speaking (much), she has taught me so much about how I can be her advocate, I can love her, I can play with her, and I can meet her on her need level to show her a whole new world. It was so fun to ask her questions tonight "Who likes the color Yellow?" and have her raise her little hand and exclaim "ME"! Who cares if every question we could come up with ended in that response, to interact with her like that, and hear her giggle is just wonderful! We will beat this Hypotonia, but if we don't, so what, she's amazing just the way she is!
Thank you for sending us our sweet sweet Eden. This beautiful little girl that still smells like heaven after she's had a bath, this sweet lovable baby who has the most contagious giggle I've ever heard.... this child that was sent directly from you, while we were planning for a future that possibly ended at number 4! How silly were we to think we could tell you OUR plans, and possibly think they were the right ones for us? How silly was I to think you didn't know what you were doing in sending us not only this little surprise, but another girl? She's simply the most amazingly sweet baby you ever sent down from heaven, and you've sent us some pretty good ones! I love watching her learn new things, I love hearing her laughing with her sister in their room when they're supposed to be in bed, I love knowing that Delainey loves her so much that not even their combined Hypontonia can keep her from taking care of Eden if she needs something, she's that much in love with her!
These 5 little girls of mine, have taught me so much about life, your love, and being a mom.... I wouldn't trade it for anything! Kiss my babies in heaven for me, tell them their momma misses them, but isn't quite ready to come see them yet.... these babies down here are still "blooming" and need me!

1 comment:
awww...dawn, this got me teary eyed. what a wonderful post. thank you for sharing and for reminding me that God is greater than any problem that i may encounter, that he has a plan for each of us and that all we have to do is put our trust in him.
Post a Comment