Thursday, June 18, 2009

An amazing competition regarding "To write their names in the sand"!

If any of you are familiar with Carly's work, she started "To write their names in the sand" In honor of her son Christian born sleeping. She takes email requests and will write ANY child lost (through miscarriage, stillborn, sids etc) in the sand and upload a beautiful picture like the one you see here. She's asked that we all pass on the word of Canon's amazing offer. She's chosent SIDS and KIDS in Australia as her charity of choice, and has humbly admited that a new camera package would greatly benefit her work at "to write their names in the sand"! Please check it out and vote for Christian's Photo! If you'd like a link to her blogs, let me know! I can think of NO ONE that would deserve this as much as Carly does!

http://www1.canon.com.au/creativeforacause/Photo/Gallery.aspx?photo=7226BF85555E4597

2 comments:

Clickin Mama J said...

This is so cool! I've seen her pictures before but didn't know she would do it or anyone. Very neat!

2blessed2stress said...

Yeah! She asks that it be limited to children.... but has offered up her services for any child that has passed! I've wanted to ask her to do one for our "CJ" that we lost in 2006, but I also lost twins in 1992, and would feel bad because I never named them. I know thats probably silly, but it just feels wrong not to include them. Even though I have a little bear my ex got me when I lost them.... I have a box of "memories" from CJ! Some of the most heart wrenching poems Ashley and I wrote at that time!

I love Carly's work and think its amazing that she's been able to keep it up this long! She's soo talented and really has a gift!