Wednesday, June 17, 2009

An update on D and the goings on in the household!

Thanks for checking in on D ladies, its so sweet of you to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Her HFM never manifested farther than what you saw on her little heels (under the skin, never surfacing)!

HOWEVER..... we finally realized that the HFM was EXACTLY why our sweet Cailybug was being sooooo errrr difficult for the past two weeks! Poor little buggy ended up with one on her foot, chin and i'm sure inside her mouth the way she was sticking her fingers in her mouth! So now that she's getting past them, you'd think her disposition would improve right? WRONG! For some reason she's still just as cranky as ever, so our next thought is that the finger chewing is because she's getting her two year molars in.... if anyone is brave enough to check, be my guest! ;)

NOT TO MENTION.... both Aaron and I ended up with a single solitary blister this round of HFM! After scouring the web, we know that baby "E" is safe from all this drama, everything we read said that the HFM really only effects babies closer to birth/during birth.... so as long as we dont go into premature (and I mean PREMATURE) labor at this point, all is well!

SOOOOOO did I mention the dishwasher saga? I didnt? How could I have missed that drama? Anyways, our 13 month old dishwasher decided to stop working, mid cycle without draining over a month ago. We contacted SEARS who recommended a warranty for non working machines for 205.... good for a year, and if they cant fix it, they give you a gift certificate for 500 bucks towards a new one. Easy smeesy right? WRONG! Three weeks later, we finally got a tech out here that knew what he was doing, and after waiting for the WRONG PART for the better part of that three weeks, the correct part is on expedited order, and should be here in three days, which means another week or so without my beloved machine! Let me tell you, doing dishes three times a day by hand is NOT my idea of amusing, neither is the 500 plus dish drainer that is taking up so much space in my kitchen!

Aaron's back is doing remarkably better, thanks for your prayers! The shot on Tuesday really seems to be starting to work, and hopefully this will keep him out of pain (and the doghouse) for a while! Nothing gets that boy moving quicker than his very fat.... errr i mean pregnant wife going "hun can you get the mower out of the spider infested garage so I can mow that field in the back and front yards???" Whether its because he's being territorial over his mower or feels bad I'm about to go out there and do it for him..... he gets it done!

Sorry we havent posted an update for a while, but life's been so hectic its overwhelming! I've also been dreading this weekend, so that hasnt helped any. I'll just be glad when the whole thing is done, over and buried!

Hugs!
Dawn

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Bless your heart Dawn! You have had a week. I'm sure next week will be much better!

Melissa said...

we don't have a dishwasher in this place, and I really miss it!! I can't even imagine with a family of six! It probably sounds petty, but one of the first questions I asked about the new place was whether there is a dishwasher there. There is- Yippee!! Hope life returns to normal for you guys soon.

2blessed2stress said...

Melissa, I can't wait for you to move back to Lwood! Have you heard if we're meeting at the park or library for PlayGroup? Not sure if you'll get this or not! LOL I dont think its petty at all to ask about a dishwasher.... I determined a long time ago that while its a "luxery" its really not something i'm willing to live without (without a fight anyways)!

As for life returning to normal... There's 4 1/2 kids in this house, I dont think i'll ever see "normal" again! LOL

Hugs to you and you to Jennifer!
Dawn

sheree said...

what a week, indeed!

So it was HFM? We have yet to bring that one home but I'm sure our time is coming! lol