So I was on a new blog I stumbled upon this morning while the house is quiet and D is napping.... Aaron took the older three to church, and because I ate something that is NOT agreeing with me, I stayed home to sleep (ok i'm blogging shhhhhh) Anyways.... this new blog I found is adorable! It's called "Kelly's Korner" and you've just got to drop by and check her out!
She had posted this link of Kris Allen leading worship in his church in Arkansas, and what she said simply amazed me!
I've had several people send this to me and so if you haven't seen it - here is Kris Allen leading worship in his home church. The footage shown is Little Rock, AR. I'm sure if he would have sang this (and I wish he could have) - Simon and Randy would have been like "Dog - I don't get that song at ALL". "Bad song choice". One of my college friends told me her mom and Kris' mom are friends and that he had told his mom before he got to the final that he needed one more week there because he had been witnessing to Adam and felt like he needed just a little more time with him.That's the kind of American Idol I can be proud of. No person is perfect and we should never idolize anyone but God because every human will let us down. Your pastor, Billy Graham, Beth Moore, Chris Tomlin, your Sunday School teacher - they are all sinners and come short of the glory of God. He alone is Holy.
How stinking cool is that? Kris Allen was praying for more time on AI... NOT because he wanted to win, but because he was WITNESSING to Adam and needed more time! PTL...... I'm so thankful he won!
1 comment:
That's really awesome!! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment