Saturday, May 9, 2009

NOT GOING FOR A BOY!

I just think I need to make myself clear on this. While God has decided to send us this beautiful surprise baby, before we were even ready to admit we were/werent ready..... we are NOT "trying" for a boy! And sorry, but I would appreciate it if people DONT ask me that, random people...... people who dont realize just what their comments say to me!

Some comments I hate are:

"Oh, so you have four girls, you trying for a boy?" my thought "UHhhh no thanks, I'm happy with whatever God sends me, we're praying for a healthy baby but would consider ourselves extremely blessed if he sent us a FIFTH daughter"!

"Don't you have enough girls?" my thought "Nope, i'll take as many as God sends me, we love our girly girls to pieces"~~~!!!!

"So you dont like boys, want a boy then?" my thought "Quite the opposite, I always wanted an older brother, so I always wanted a BOY first.... but since God knows better (and thanks GOD for not letting me have to raise a boy for 10 years as a single mom), I'm thankful for the beautiful GIRLS I have"

"Do you always dress them alike?" my thought "Yes whenever possible I DO, I prayed for years to have a Christian husband and more children, and i'm going to enjoy them to the fullest extent I possibly can right now while they're little before they start rebelling and refusing to do things "my way" because as an "older" mom, I know how quickly they grow up and "away from" me!"

"Why do you call them ABC and D? Dont they have names?" my thought "YES and I worked hard, strolled through tons of name sights to get them all names that are as unique and beautiful and treasures from God for each one of them..... but I also worked hard to have the ABCD (and now E) moniker"!

"How are you ever going to afford all their weddings and college?" my thought "My parents and Aaron's to all taught us that as grown ups, thats our responsiblity, we'll help when we can, but its up to the girls to work hard to earn those priveledges"


Now for comments I love to hear:

"WOW, You have three girls that young, you're so blessed" my thought "Well yes thank you, I AM"!

"Aweee they're so sweet, and well behaved" my thought "Whew you should have heard them in the car, but i'll just smile sweetly and say "thank you"!

"Wow they look alike!" my thought "Yeah just like their mama!" Sorry Aaron ;)

and my all time favorite:

"Are you finished?" my thought "Well we thought we were just having B, then we wanted another so we lost our beloved CJ, God sent us C to heal our hearts and brighten our days.... and we really thought we were DONE..... and then we decided that D was very much needed in our family..... so we thought we were done again.... and after months of talking about someone getting "FIXED" and possibly one more next year.... God surprised us with this little miracle. So you ask me if we're finished, and I sure hope so, but i'll leave you with this thought..... you ever want to make God laugh? Tell him your plans! I'm sure he got a HOOT out of ours!"

Happy Mother's Day to all my favorite Mommies! I love you all!

Hugs
Dawn

No comments: